Saturday, November 15, 2008

M2 W1 Deadlift Day

Fall 2008 Training
Mesocycle 2 - Week 1

Deadlift Day

Beginning Thoughts:
So its a new mesocycle  

I have been eating a lot of junk food. Over the last 3 days I have consumed 4 12" Cheese Pizza's with Extra Cheese. Complete junk.
Workout:
Deficit Deadlifts:
315 lbs x 3 reps x 5 sets
185 lbs x 6 reps x 2 sets
These were very hard and I scraped my shins many times. They're sore as hell right now.

Banded Speed Deadlifts:
@ 53% = 205 lbs x 2 reps x 5 sets
To save time I decided to do doubles and I needed a change. For the last 6 months all speed work for deadlifts has involved singles and I figured its time to switch things up.

Front Box Squats:
225 lbs x 3 reps
My hips were tired and I did not use my knee sleeves or anything. So I found this exercise a bit difficult. 

Flat Dumbbell Press:
60 lbs x 12 reps x 2 sets
This was surprisingly pretty difficult to do.

Head Supported Rows:
35 lbs x 12 reps x 2 sets

Overhead Plate Side-bends:
10 lbs x 10 reps x 2 sets
Videos:
Deficit Deadlifts, Speed Deadlifts and Front Box Squat:

Overall Impression:
I hope everyone has had a good week. Have a fun weekend, y'all!