Sunday, November 9, 2008

M1 W4 Extra Workout

Fall 2008 Training
Mesocycle 1 - Week 4

Extra Workout

Beginning Thoughts:
I got a good night's sleep last night finally. But, I woke up so stiff I had to work a lot on the mobility drills to get me ready for today's session..
Workout:
Overhead Squats:
70 lbs x 3 reps x 5 sets
95 lbs x 2 reps
100 lbs x 2 reps
110 lbs x 2 reps
Damn these were hard and I was so scared on the last set with 110 lbs.....I think my form was decent - not the best, but I am trying. On some of the reps I was able to keep a distinct arch on my back at the bottom but then on some others I caved in. With 95, 100 and 110 I was afraid I would cave in so I tried my best to concentrate on the arch and using my hips. My abs were sore as hell from yesterday's Standing Ab Rollouts! 

Standing Ab Rollouts:
3 reps x 3 sets


Videos:
Overhead Squats:

Overall Impression:
I look forward to tomorrow's day off!  

I hope my form was better...these OH Squats are hard as hell and that last set was a killer. 

Have a great monday, fellas!