Friday, November 7, 2008

M1 W4 Deadlift Day

Fall 2008 Training
Mesocycle 1 - Week 4

Deadlift Day

Beginning Thoughts:
This is the last Deadlift workout of this Mesocycle. Also, this Week is Low Volume week (mostly) so I just did my required Deadlift sets, speed deads and abs.
Workout:
Deadlifts:
@ 90% = 345 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
@ 82% = 315 lbs x 5 reps x 2 sets

Speed Deadlifts:
@ 65%
+ Bands
250 lbs x 1 rep x 5 sets

Cable Wood Chops:
25 lbs x 12 reps x 5 sets
Videos:
Deadlift Clips:

Overall Impression:
H I was feeling very excited about this workout but somehow I wasn't able to connect to my muscles today. I have vids of my deadlifts up but I think I threw technique right out the window and solely relied on brute strength to get the job done. I understand that sometimes this brute strength is important but somehow I feel a little guilty for not focusing as much on technique. Good news is that next week it is back to the drawing board with Deficit Deadlifts 

I hope y'all have a good weekend. The plan for tomorrow is Press Day followed by my Extra Workout on Sunday and then Tuesday = Squat Day. 

Cheers and I hope y'all have had a good week!