Friday, October 24, 2008

M1 W2 Extra Workout

Fall 2008 Training
Mesocycle 1 - Week 2

Extra Workout

Beginning Thoughts:
I was looking over some of the kettlebell exercises on several websites but then I realized that the lightest kettlebell in my gym is 45 lbs. So I guess I have to build some strength before I do anything. Therefore, I just did the kettlebell exercises with light(er) dumbbells.
Workout:
Overhead Squats:
65 lbs x 3 reps x 5 sets
85 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets

One Arm Dumbbell Swings:
20 lbs x 15 reps x 1 set

Dumbbell Halo:
20 lbs x 10 reps x 1 set

Dumbbell Seated Figure 8:
5 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets

Dumbbell Iron Wall with Twist:
25 lbs x 12 reps x 2 sets
Videos:
Overhead Squats:

Overall Impression:
These "core" exercises killed me. I think I have really improved my overhead squat form. Tomorrow is an off day and then I'm gonna be doing my Press Day. 

I hope y'all have a good weekend!