Monday, July 7, 2008

MS P2 W6 LB1



Beginning Thoughts:
I have some stuff I would like to discuss, but I think it is best written about at the end...
Workout:
Front Squat cluster sets. Here are two videos of the clusters:
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t=07072008.flv
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...7072008001.flv

Moved onto Dumbbell Step-ups, Bar Rollouts, Glute Ham Raises and Single Leg Box Squats.
Overall Impression:
Ok where do I start???

Front Squats: This exercise is becoming a massive pain in my ass. All my warm-ups with 135 lbs, and 155 lbs has me using good form. I wish I had recorded these lifts (will do next time). But as soon as I strap on 175 lbs everything seems to break down. These front squats aren't even hitting my legs....175 lbs is a joke. I can do regular deep squats with over 300 lbs. Sad thing is that I am stuck with this exercise for the rest of the program.

Hamstring Flexibility aka The Butt Wink: I had managed to fix my hamstring inflexibility. Now...I am back to square one. I have lost a lot of flexibility inspite of all these mobility drills. It is probably my fault because I keep insisting on taking such large weights on the front squats...but if I don't take heavier weights my legs don't get hit at all! I wish I had spent more time doing front squats before so atleast I know the groove. Well, to avoid these problems from showing themselves, I have started doing overhead squats and a bunch of other flexibility exercises. If this problem persists, I'm gonna take a week off and do my own thing.

Maximum Strength the Program: I am very happy with the results I am seeing in terms of the mirror. I am beginning to lean out and I look bigger. My weight is now 185 lbs almost every single day. But...I am not happy with my performance. I think I'm going to back off certain weights like Front Squats and Incline Bench Presses. Both exercises are aggravating my lower back and I'm not enjoying it. I have some good ideas for what I plan to do post Max Str too....

Have a good day everyone