Tuesday, September 9, 2008

MS P4 W13 UB1



Beginning Thoughts:
I was worried about today's workout...
Workout:
I began the workout with Close Grip Incline Bench Press. I did 185 for several singles. It was pretty hard.

Next I was supposed to do Close Grip Decline Bench Press but I don't have a decline bench in my gym. So I did Flat Close Grip Bench Press using 135 lbs for some high reps and many many sets. This was super-setted with Hammer Strength Rows for the exact same volume (set-rep combination).

I finished up the workout with some Dumbbell Hammer Curls.
Overall Impression:
Its been a little over 3 weeks since I have dislocated my left shoulder. Well, in these 3-4 weeks I haven't done any exercise which requires a bar to be brought down to my chest. So today when I did the Incline CGBP I felt several soft clicks in my left shoulder and a slightly sharp pain in my anterior delt. This happened right from the get go. However, I continued to work through the pain (I will describe it in a minute) and I did some of my old shoulder rehab band exercises when I got back to my room. It is not hurting right now.

Onto the pain. I get this slightly sharp twang of pain when my hand is right above my head. So on all the bench presses, it happened both when the bar was against my chest and when it was just short of being locked out. I was trying to figure out why this has happened but I think I know....Since I haven't done any exercises which requires me to bring the bar down to my chest I must've developed some scar tissue which is being "broken" right now. I think this is the case because the pain isn't severe...It's just that I am a paranoid individual when it comes to my shoulders. I hope it gets better soon.

On another note: my glutes are sore as hell from yesterday's workout. It is hard just to walk. I hate being sore.

Lastly, I ate a 5 egg chicken omlet for dinner tonight (right after my workout). Is this good? I had cheese and some mushrooms and lettuce in it. I hope it's a good PWO meal

Cheers everyone and I hope you guys have a good week. Thanks for dropping by!