Saturday, June 7, 2008

MS P1 W2 LB1



Beginning Thoughts:
Hey y'all...how's everyone's Saturday going??

I went in and did my Lower One workout today. My diet has been pretty good actually. I'm kinda proud of myself lol...Nothing much to report here other than the workout. I got a big test on Monday so I'm gearing up to study for that lol...
Workout:
Started out with Box Squats. Last time I had taken 245 for sets of 4 on this lift. Today, I took 275 for almost the same volume. This was brutally hard and I felt like throwing up twice. I have videos of the first and last set. 275 was really hard. This was one of those times where right after the first set I'm sitting there scratching my head wondering how I'm going to go through so many more sets! The first set was hard as hell and as I look at my log right now, I'm noticing that my Rest Intervals ranged from 4 minutes to 6 minutes between sets. I know that I timed this stuff because if I didn't rest that long no way would I have been able to nail those squats.

This was followed by some Speed Deadlift...Last time I had used ~50% of my 1RM (365 lbs) and taken 185 lbs for doubles. Today I was supposed to take 55% and do the same set-rep volume...However, because last time my speed was less and I wasn't being as explosive, I took a wee bit lighter than 55%. I took 195 lbs instead of 200. I have 2 videos of this too...the first set and then the last set. Between this Box Squats and Speed Deadlifts I took a 7 minute break. I think this rest helped me greatly.

Following this was some walking lunges, some reverse crunches and then some plank work. I love ab work
Videos:
Box Squat First Set: http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t=BS1275x4.flv
Box Squat Second Set: http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t=BS2275x4.flv
Speed Deadlift First Set: http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t=DL1195x2.flv
Speed Deadlift Second Set: http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t=DL2195x2.flv
Overall Impression:
I look forward to tomorrow's Upper One. It should be fun As for today...This was a Medium week and next week is going to be a Very High Volume workout so I'm kinda dreading it lol...

Have a great weekend everyone!