Friday, March 21, 2008

Deadlift Day - Cycle 12

Deadlift Day
Cycle 12


Overall Impression:
so knee pain left the body yesterday morning. my schedule this week is kinda messed up. because of spring break plus the injury i sustained (it wasnt an injury..i just overley stretched my ligaments of my right knee) i have skipped my squat and bench workouts. i worked out today on deadlifts and then come monday i will do my military press workout. come the following week i will be back on schedule 100%. i havent been eating enough food though....all ive been eating is a lot of protein through shakes and some chicken (ive been having 300 grams of protein odd) and a lot of pizzas...yuck. im sick of pizza.

so im in Dallas right now and i went with some of my friends to the LA Fitness gym and i worked out...bumped into some guys from GetBig forums...i didnt know them (i dont belong to those boards) but they were deadlifting right next to me with 635+. speed work with 585 or so...pretty awesome to watch.
The Workout:
Deadlifts
- 285 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
lowered the intensity and took it easy. used an over-over grip on all sets. im happy my grip sustained this so well

Unilateral Box Squats
- 10 reps x 2 sets
i did these on a regular bench. focused on controlling the negative and did not allow my glutes to relax when i was on the box.

Cable Pull Throughs
- 80 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets

Ab Work
- some machine work

Grip Work
- EZ Bar Curls w/ 70 lbs x 6 reps x 3 sets